- [Dec 23] CHEC was Identified as the Enterprise to Practice The Corporate Social Responsibility Guideline for China’s International Contracting Industry
On December 22, at the Sixth National Conference of the China International Contractors Association(CHINCA), the release ceremony for The Corporate Social Responsibility Guideline for China’s International Contracting Industry was held,
- [Dec 21] CHEC’s Newly Signed Airport Project in Naypyidaw of Myanmar
CHEC formally signed the contract On December 15, for the Naypyidaw Airport Project with the Civil Aviation Bureau of Myanmar’s Ministry of Communications.
- [Dec 17] CHEC Signed the Contract for Constructing Two New Berths of Ras Az Zawr Port
On December 12, Saudi Arabia Office of CHEC and the Ports Authority of Saudi Arabia signed a contract for constructing two new berths of Ras Az Zawr Port, namely the fifth and the sixth berths.
- [Dec 13] The Commencement Ceremony of the Extended Section Project of Panadura Fishing Port Breakwater of Sri Lanka was held
December 9 witnessed the commencement ceremony of the extended section project of Panadura Fishing Port Breakwater of Sri Lanka constructed by CHEC and funded by the Chinese government.
- [Dec 06] The Minister of Public Affairs and Transportation of Lebanon and Chinese Ambassador to Lebanon Inspected the Tripoli Project
On December 2, Mr. Ghazy El Aridy, the Minister of Public Affairs and Transportation of Lebanon and Liu Zhiming, Chinese Ambassador to Lebanon together inspected the Phase II Expansion Project of Tripoli Port being constructed by CHEC.
- [Dec 02] CHEC Donated RMB 700,000 to Flood Victims of Pakistan
On behalf of China Harbour Mr.Sun Ziyu, President & Chairman of CHEC delivered a disaster relief check of RMB 700,000 to Pakistani Ambassador to China, Mr. Masood Khan, on Nov. 30, 2010
- [Dec 01] CHEC Became the Secondary Chief Editor organization of the General Construction Principles of Water Transportation Projects upon Approval
The Ministry of Transport has recently issued a letter to appoint CHEC the secondary chief editor organization of the General Construction Principles of Water Transportation Projects (hereinafter referred to as "the General Principles"), which is not only a high recognition of CHEC's work in industry standardization but also a great achievement made by CHEC in seeking special qualification during the period when special-class qualifications are re-granted.
- [Nov 25] CHEC Donated to Disaster-stricken Regions of Indonesia
A donation ceremony was held on November 19 in Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia.
- [Nov 25] CHEC was awarded the First Project in South Africa
CHEC office in South Africa received a letter of acceptance from TRANSNET and was awarded Ngqura Port dredging project , on Nov. 23.
- [Nov 24] Feng Zhenglin, Chinese Vice Minister of Transport Met Indonesian Minister of Transport
Freddy Numberi, Indonesian Minister of Transport met the visiting delegation led by Feng Zhenglin, on November 19.
- [Nov 24] CHEC is awarded Two Ministerial prizes for Science and Technology
After initial evaluation by China Water Transportation Construction Association and reevaluation by the Ministry of Transport, two research projects of CHEC have recently been granted the second award for science and technology of 2010 by China Water Construction Association.
- [Nov 24] The project of Completion of Sino-Burma Crude Oil Pipeline Work-boat Wharf completed
November 6 witnessed the full completion of Sino-Burma crude oil pipeline work-boat wharf project.
- [Nov 22] Opening Ceremony of Hambantota Port in Sri Lanka was Held
A grand opening ceremony of Hambantota Port in Sri Lanka contracted by China Harbour was held at the port on the morning of November 18.
- [Nov 22] The Commencement Ceremony of Phase II Development Project of Hambantota Port was held recently.
The Commencement Ceremony of Phase II Development Project of Hambantota Port was held grandly on November 18. The ceremony was hosted by Mahinda Rajapakse, the President of Sri Lanka.
- [Nov 22] The Longest Back-tensioned Pre-stressed 900-ton Concrete Box Girder in China was put into production
The longest 900-ton ballastless track back-tensioned pre-stressed concrete box girder in China has been put into production on Shanghai-Kunming High-speed Railway constructed by CHEC.
- [Nov 22] CHEC Attended the 8th International Public Works Exhibition of Algeria
CHEC attended the 8th International Public Works Exhibition of Algeria from November 7—10.
- [Nov 22] Feng Zhenglin , Vice Minister of Transport Visited Penang Second Bridge Project
Feng Zhenglin ,Chinese Vice Deputy Minister of Transport inspected Malaysian Penang the second Bridge Project of CHEC on November 15，2010.
- [Nov 11] Sun Ziyu Met Indonesia President and Attended China-Indonesia Business Forum in Shanghai
China Harbour Chairman & President Sun Ziyu met Indonesia President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono on October 25 in Shanghai. Sun also attended China-Indonesia Business Forum.
- [Nov 11] CHEC Chairman Met Sudanese Vice Minister of Road and Bridge
China Harbour Chairman & President Sun Ziyu met the visiting delegation led by Mr. Hamid Mahmoud Wakeel, Sudan Vice Minister of Road and Bridge on October 31.
- [Nov 03] The Inauguration of Pakistan FAP Grain & Fertilizer Terminal was held
The memorable inauguration for FAP Grain & Fertilizer was held at Port Qasim, Karachi on October 26, 2010.
- [Nov 02] The Prime Minister of the Bahamas visited Donghai sea-crossing Bridge and Yangshan Harbor undertaken by CCCC
A delegation led by Hubert Ingraham, the Prime Minister and Finance Minister visited Donghai sea-crossing Bridge and Yangshan Harbor in Shanghai on October 29
- [Nov 01] The Bubiyan Island Project Department of Kuwait Held T-beam Installation Commencement Ceremony of Highway Bridge
The Bubiyan Island Project Department of Kuwait held T-beam installation commencement ceremony on October 27, which symbolized that permanent works construction of the project had entered a brand new stage.
- [Oct 28] President Sun Ziyu was elected the Chairman of ICE Beijing Branch
Beijing Branch of the Institution of Civil Engineers held general meeting of 2010 in Yuyang Hotel on October 21.
- [Oct 26] The Dredging Works of Investment Gateway Bahrain Project starts
With the roar of the "Permanent Dragon" suction dredger, the dredging works of the Investment Gateway Baharain Project has now formally started.
- [Oct 25] Pouring of Sino-Burma Crude Oil Pipeline Working Ship Wharf and Parapets as its Auxiliary Facilities Completed
Molds of the last section of parapets were all removed on October 19, which meant full completion of pouring construction of Sino-Burma crude oil pipeline working ship wharf and parapets as its auxiliary facilities.
- [Oct 25] The Yanbu Project Department of Saudi Arabia Smoothly Handed over S9, S10 and S11 Sandy Beaches of Phase I and Phase II Works
The Yanbu Project Department has now smoothly handed over S9, S10 and S11 sandy beaches of Phase I and Phase II work to the Employer.
- [Oct 12] HARI RAYA Open Day Activity Was held by the Penang Second Bridge Project Department
On September 29, the Eid al Fitr Open Day activity was held at Penang the Second Bridge Project office in Malaysia in its construction camp, and over 100 distinguished guests attended the activities, including officials from relevant Malaysian government departments, Employer representatives, Supervisors and sub-contractors, etc.
- [Oct 12] China Harbour Engineering Forum was held in Jamaica
On September 23 and 24, the 2010 China Harbour Engineering Forum had its grand opening in Kinston, the capital of Jamaica. The forum was hosted by Office in Jamaica of CHEC and undertaken by the Project office for the Reconstruction and Restoration of Jamaican National Road Network.
- [Oct 12] The Reconstruction Project of Shek Kip Mei (Sham Shui Po) Primary School of Hong Kong Completed
After two years of implementation, the reconstruction project of Shek Kip Mei (Sham Shui Po) Primary School undertaken by Hong Kong Zhenhua，one of China Harbour subsidiaries has now completed as scheduled and entered the one-year maintenance stage.
- [Oct 12] Phase I and Phase II Box Culvert Works of Yanbu Project Department of Saudi Arabia Smoothly Commenced
A few days ago, Yanbu Project Department of Saudi Arabia finished pouring 600m3 of concrete for foundation of Phase I and Phase II box culvert works on a one-off basis, which made a new breakthrough in daily pouring quantity of the Project Department since commencement of the works and marked the smooth commencement of box culvert works.