- [Dec 23] CHEC Employees Donate for Children in West China Region
Chuancheng School of Yongjing County in China’s Northwest Province of Gansu is a donation recipient of "Regular School Comprehensive Donation Program" of CHEC. CHEC distributed 336 caring parcels to the 336 students of the school on December 15.
- [Dec 23] Opening Ceremony was Held for Naypyidaw International Airport of Burma
December 19 witnessed grand opening ceremony of Naypyidaw International Airport in Myanmar constructed by CHEC.
- [Dec 21] Opening Ceremony was Held for Colombo Port Southern Container Terminal Project
The opening ceremony of Colombo Port Southern Container Terminal Project undertaken by CHEC was held on December 16,2011. The ceremony was attended by Mahinda Rajapaksa as the President of Sri Lanka, Yang Xiuping as Chinese Ambassador to Sri Lanka, Chen Yusheng as Vice President of CCCC, Sun Ziyu as Chief Engineer of CCCC and President of CHEC, Tang Qiaoliang as Vice President of CHEC, etc.
- [Nov 29] CHEC Awarded Contract of“Hong Kong Boundary Crossing Facilities – Reclamation Works,Hong Kong – Zhuhai – Macao Bridge”
CHEC has awarded the contract for “Hong Kong Boundary Crossing Facilities – Reclamation Works of Hong Kong – Zhuhai - Macao Bridge”. The awarded contract sum is HKD 6.989 billion, approximately USD 896 million. The construction period is 50 months. The project will commence by the end of November 2011 and is expected to complete in early 2016.
- [Nov 29] CHEC Signed EPC Contract for Maritime Terminal of Moron Petrochemical Complex
CHEC signed an EPC Contract for Maritime Terminal of Moron Petrochemical Complex with Petroquimica de Venezuela on November 24.
- [Nov 29] CHEC Received AAA Credit Rating for International Project Contracting
China Harbour received “Certificate of AAA Credit Rating for International Project Contracting” awarded by China International Contractors Association on November 23. The certificate would remain valid from November 23, 2011 to November 22, 2014.
- [Nov 29] Construction Commencement Ceremony was Held for the Road Reconstruction and Infrastructure Construction Restoration Project in the North of Sri Lanka
November 18 witnessed the grand construction commencement ceremony for the Road Reconstruction and Infrastructure Construction Restoration Project in the North of Sri Lanka undertaken by CHEC.
- [Nov 23] CHEC Won the Bid for Medan Expressway Project of Indonesia
On November 18, CHEC-China State Construction-PT.HK Consortium led by CHEC won the bid for Medan-Kualanamu Expressway of Indonesia. The accepted value of the contract is around USD 155 million and the construction period is 900 days.
- [Nov 23] CHEC Signed Strategic Cooperation Agreement with Zhejiang University
China Harbour and Zhejiang University held a grand signing ceremony for their Strategic Cooperation Agreement in Hangzhou on October 17. On behalf of the parties, Sun Ziyi as president of CHEC and Zhang Tuqiao as vice president of Zhejiang University signed on the Agreement.
- [Nov 11] Smooth Completion of Main Arm Hoisting of Ship Loaders/Unloaders for SGR Silo Project of the UAE
November 1 and November 2 witnessed smooth completion of main arm hoisting of two ship loaders/unloaders for Fujirah Strategic Reserve (SGR) Project of the UAE.
- [Nov 11] Smooth Commencement of Caisson Prefabrication for Crude Oil Wharf and Waterway Works of Sino-Burma Crude Oil Pipeline Project
November 2 witnessed formal commencement of caisson prefabrication for crude oil wharf and waterway works of Sino-Burma Crude Oil Pipeline Project, which was another stage progress after formal commencement of the project.
- [Nov 03] The Doha New Port Project Department has Achieved One Million Hours of Safety Working
Up to now, the Doha New Port Project Department has fulfilled over one million hours of safety working. The Project Department has also made remarkable achievements in HSE management and is fully affirmed by the Employer and the Consulting Engineer. It has received One Million Working Hours Zero-Accident Certificate issued by the Employer.
- [Nov 03] Indonesian Office Actively Carries out Social Responsibility Activities
Guided by CHEC’s values of “shouldering responsibility, rewarding with high quality and cooperating for a win-win result”, Indonesian Office has blended itself into local society, actively undertaken social responsibilities and vigorously carried out public welfare work ever since it entered Indonesia.
- [Nov 03] CHEC Formally Signed Contract for Bid Section 2 of Fufulso-Sawla Highway in Ghana
October 18 witnessed the contract signing ceremony of Bid Section 2 Larabanga-Sawla Project of Fufulso-Sawla Highway of Ghana in the Ministry of Highways.
- [Oct 11] CHEC Won the Bid for Cabello Port New Container Wharf Project of Venezuela
CHEC signed an EPC general contract for Cabello Port New Container Wharf Project with VBOLIPUERTOS, S.A. on October 3. The value of the contract is approximately USD 520 million, with the total construction duration of 36 months.
- [Oct 11] Grand Opening Ceremony was Held for Phase I Kribi Deepwater Port Project in Cameroon
October 8 witnessed grand opening ceremony of Phase I Kribi Deepwater Project of Cameroon constructed by CHEC.
- [Sep 30] CHEC Won the Bid for Channel Dredging Project of Jamuna of Bangladesh
CHEC successfully won the bid for channel dredging project of Jamuna of Bangladesh, on Sep. 28. The value of the contract is around USD 61.88 million, with the construction period of 20 months.
- [Sep 30] Handover Ceremony was Held for Phase I Project of Puttalam Fire Coal Power Station of Sri Lanka
September 23 witnessed the handover ceremony of Phase I Project of Puttalam Fire Coal Power Station of Sri Lanka in Galle Face of Colombo, the capital of Sri Lanka. As construction company of the coal wharf project, CHEC was invited to attend the ceremony.
- [Sep 06] CHEC Won Six Awards of the Considerate Contractors Site Award Scheme 2010 in Hong Kong
Two projects being undertaken by China Harbour Zhen Hua Engineering Company in Hong Kong, namely “Construction & Improvement of Tuen Mun Road – Sam Shing Hui Section” and “Central-Wan Chai Bypass – North Point Reclamation”, participated and won six awards in the Considerate Contractors Site Award Scheme 2010, which organized by Hong Kong Development Bureau.
- [Aug 18] CHEC Signed Phase I Project Contract on Livestock Wharf of Sudan Port
CHEC signed Phase I project contract on livestock wharf of Sudan Port with Sea Port Corporation on August 15.
- [Aug 18] Successful Pouring of the First Layer of Two Main Pier Caps of Penang Second Bridge
CHEC successfully poured the first layer of two main pier caps (P25 and P26) of Penang Second Bridge of Malaysia respectively during the period from August 3 to August 5 and the period from August 9 to August 11, which marked that Penang Second Bridge project had entered all-round construction stage of the main bridge.
- [Jul 22] President Sun Ziyu meets President of Cameroon
China Harbour President Sun Ziyu paid a courtesy visit to President of Cameroon Paul Biya at Diaoyutai State Guesthouse, on July 21st.
- [Jul 20] CHEC sets up Scholarship in Eight Chinese Universitses
China Harbour Engineering Company Ltd. has Set up "CHEC Scholarship” in eight famous Chinese Universitses such as Zhejiang University, Tianjin University and Harbin Institute of Technology. The total amount of the scholarship (student aid fund) is around RMB 1.2 million.
- [Jun 24] CHEC Sets up Enterprise Scholarship (Financial Aid) in Zhejiang University and Tianjin University
CHEC held scholarship (financial aid) set-up activities in Zhejiang University and Tianjin University on June 15 to 17 respectively. President Sun Ziyu CHEC attended the set-up ceremony in Zhejiang University and signed the agreements on behalf of the Company.
- [Jun 20] The "CHEC Scholarship" was Awarded in President University of Indonesia
The grand prize awarding cremoney of "CHEC Scholarship" for President University of Indonesia was held in the university On the morning of May 31, 2011.
- [May 23] Awarded the Bid for the First Bid Section of Outer Breakwater Reinforcement Project of Algerian Oran Port
On May 9, the Public Works of Bureau of Oran Province of Algeria announced that the First Bid Section of Breakwater Reinforcement Project of Oran Civil Port had been awarded to CHEC/ETRHB consortium.
- [May 23] Smooth Full Completion of Barrel Slip Form Construction of SGR Project of the UAE
Construction of 20 barrel slip forms of SGR Project of the UAE was smoothly and fully completed on May 5.
- [May 23] Heavy Cargo Wharf of Indonesian AWAR-AWAR Power Station Wharf Project was Put into Use
Tugged by anchor boat, the first heavy cargo ship of Indonesian AWAR-AWAR Power Station Wharf Project slowly pulled alongside the heavy cargo wharf on May 6, which marked formal use of the heavy cargo wharf.
- [May 06] The First Span Box Girder of Shanghai-Kunming Railway Line for Passenger Transportation Project of CHEC was Successfully Erected
The First Span Box Girder of Shanghai-Kunming Railway Line for Passenger Transportation Project of CHEC was successfully erected On May 1.
- [May 06] Fifty Thousand-ton Container Ship Arrived at Hambantota Port of Sri Lanka
The, Hambantota Port of Sri Lanka embraced a fifty thousand-ton container ship several days ago, marking the smooth completion of Phase I project and formal operation commencement of the Port.